Sunday, April 28, 2013

Knit and Crochet Blog Week Day 7: Looking Forward

I am very excited to be taking part in the KCBW-IV this year. It has been a lot of fun playing along with the WIP Wednesdays and FO Fridays, and I feel that this mass blogging has an interesting structure and topic.


This will be a series of several posts, everyday with a slightly different prompt.
Monday: The House Cup
Tuesday: A Mascot Project
Wednesday: Infographic
Thursday: Color Review
Friday: Something a Bit Different
Saturday: A Tool to Covet
Sunday: Looking Forward
 
Where do I expect to be in a year?

That is a tough question, if only because I have a hard time predicting what I will be doing next, and I try not to have many goals when it comes to knitting.

When I started blogging and the first new year rolled around I made a lot of grand plans, and well, they didn't match well with reality. This year I made no goals what so ever. Could you argue that makes this year pretty aimless? Probably

But that said I do have a few aims.

 I have two sweater quantities which I intend to become very specific sweaters. I talked about Elphaba on day two, and also have yarn to make a brown main color bohus sweater.
 














I wanted to try to design sock pattern. I have a skein in mind. Really I just need to do it.


I don't even have this skein in my stash on ravelry. It is the darker teal skein in the center. Fritzi Frizzante.

There are three shawls I want to knit. Summer Blooms as a gift, Daybreak as something awesome and exciting, and Walk on the Moon.
 

If I have time I might knit a lace weight cardigan. I was thinking Simplicity has all of the elements I am looking for.
















On the spinning front, I just want to learn how to spin a weight I normally use. I have gone from super bulky to bulky to worsted. Maybe my next project will be fingering or sport.


So, I have no clue if this is possible to achieve, but this is what I intend to do in the near term.

It has been really interesting to take part in Knit and Crochet Blog Week. I think my favorite part was when I got poems in my comments after I wrote the Haiku post. I thought that was really sweet and cool. I know that I cannot keep up with a blog post a day, that is pretty relentless. Once I ran out of prepared posts it was pretty tough to keep up. And, this week I have a lot of worries on my mind, like my final exam, and making samples to test before I go on internship for several months. Well, I hope you guys had an interesting time seeing me blog in a different way. It was fun!

That's all for now, take care guys.

Molly : )

No comments:

Post a Comment